Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ladderitus

23 April 2009 Peter Haws' 2yr old birthday marks the day I, Wallace fell off a ladder trying to escape a wasp while doing a project at Ben and Emily's house. 1 May I was operated on to put a metal plate in my wrist with about 8 screws. 1 June I was operated on again to repair my bicep tendon (which had snapped loose) and torn rotator cuff. The first day after this surgery was the worst day of my life. I continued with a lot of pain day and night until the 15 July. Now on the 5 August I can say I no longer have pain. I still have not gained all the motion in my arm, but am doing very well.

What did I learn from this experience?
1. Don't assume someone needs you to do a project just because you think it needs to be done.
2. Ignore wasps, there are worst things that can happen than a wasp sting!
3. Empathy for others that have broken bones. Patience with others who say they hurt.
4. Appreciation for the little things in life like being able to thread your belt, comb your hair, wash your underarm, hug someone, etc.
5. Appreciation to be able to work in the yard.

I am SO grateful to be past this experience in my life! Early on in my experience, and prayers, I had the distinct impression Heavenly Father gave this experience to me for my learning, but also to save me from a worst experience. I have no idea what the experience was that I missed, but I did keep this in mind as I was suffering pain. I wasn't always that cheerful to be around and I thank Edith for everything she did for me during this difficult period.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Wallace560/Ladderitis#

No comments:

Post a Comment